05 September 2007

Oy.

So let's just establish right now that giving birth is messy. It ain't pretty, and I don't think I would want to wear (and heinously stain) my own clothes during the process. Apparently, there are those who do not feel the same way.

I found this company, Binsi (via Jezebel) that makes skirts and tops to wear while in labor. They're cute, and I would definitely waer them before and after the deed. And the owners of the company have taken into account the sensitive (itchy as hell) skin that comes with pregnancy, the need for easy accessability concerning your hospital visit (IVs, epidurals, baby monitors, etc.) But precisely because these things are so cute, why the hell would I want to wear them during (arguably) one of the messiest times of my life? That's why hospital gowns are open in the back; I can't really see myself being "so thankful" for the mass of pleats in the back (while still looking chic and streamlined in the front! because that's exactly what is on my mind while having a baby - does my skirt look tailored?)

Then there's the idea that Jezebel brought up: you must be cute and look nice at all times. There is no room for just letting it all hang out, or just saying "Screw you guys, I'm having a baby without makeup or stylish clothes and I am comfortable with that. Now gimme a popsicle."

No comments: