27 September 2007

Finally, some retribution! In Virginia, it's a class C misdemeanor to annoy someone over the telephone. (maybe I should move to Virginia - Mom, are you listening?) Using this law, a man was convicted of sending annoying text messages to an ex-girlfriend. w00t.


LPT had picture day at her preschool today. When I asked her if she smiled, she shook her head no, and then made some silly face with her tongue sticking out. I can't wait for those pics to come back. Although, I don't see what the big deal about picture day is - I distinctly remember my mother painstakingly trying to run a brush through my hair and get it to lay "just so" before going to school on those extra-special days. I looked retarded most of the time. More importantly, I looked nothing like myself. I never wore my hair curled. Nor did I go to school in pretty dresses and tights - I was a t-shirt kind of kid. And really, shouldn't that be the goal with school pictures? To capture what you looked like at that moment in time? So I suppose I kind of hope she did stick out her tongue. That would definitely be an accurate reflection of her demeanor right now.


In Tennessee, if a guy gives an engagement ring and then the engagement is broken (no matter by whom) the ring is his. Apparently, it's a conditional gift. That's all fine and good, but I believe that there ought to be circumstantial exceptions to the rule. What if the buyer of the ring was...ahem...stepping out?


I want one of these.


And I'm going to start trying my hand at sewing. In the past, I have had no patience for the task, but I think that I am up to the challenge now. I have lofty plans of hand-making all my holiday gifts (you can go ahead and laugh). But I did find this mega chouette pattern the other day - and the skirt would fit all of my (incredibly small-waisted) friends perfectly.

No comments: