03 October 2007

Well, I rescind my last post a little bit. HAPPY FALL MY ASS. The high today is 85, and the high this weekend is 90. The leaves are dying, but this ain't fall.

Lil' Puddin' Tater has decided that she wants to be a witch for Halloween. With a green face! And a long nose! And a pointy hat! So, I got her a broom and face paint and a nose from Target, along with a pointy hat with silver stars on it. My mother is firmly in the mindset that she should probably be a princess or something "nicer." She keeps showing LPT all these frilly dresses, but (yay for my daughter!) she's standing firm for dressing up as something not quite so prim.






Have you had the opportunity to see these ads from Dove? There's a bit of controversy about right now regarding the first one (Onslaught), mostly having to do with corporate ties/ownership that has to do with Dove, but I think they're great. We can talk til the cows come home about how everything is airbrushed to death, or that models don't really look like that in real life. But the Evolution ad sums it up without having to say anything. Onslaught personally makes me feel terrible because I know that LPT will be exposed to all that (psh - who am I kidding? She already has) and no matter what I say or do, it will affect her. Hell, she's seen me try on 20 different articles of clothing (no jokes from those who know me well, please!) trying to find something that looks suitable, and she's also heard me and others feeling good when we're told that we look like we have lost weight. Fortunately, right now a big stomach is a novelty for LPT - we guess what "filled it up" (i.e. macaroni & cheese, milk, juice, etc.) and she struts proudly, letting her tummy pooch do just that. But I wonder how long all this will last - when will she start liking the clothes in Limited Too that put more focus on her body? And what reaction will she have if her body doesn't look "as it should?" Below, a selection of items from Limited Too.

Colorblock Embellished Halter Dress

Brain in Locker Tee

Super Low Flare Funky Jean

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey those clothes are hot! and yes i did leave in my locker and i'm in only 4th grade and i do have a locker