29 October 2007

Hoo boy! D and I have been discussing my previous post (the guy punches his girlfriend inthe face 3 times, the judge refuses to convict because she may have "wanted" it) and frankly, he has made me a bit peeved. Why? Because he sided with the flippin' judge! I won't even do dignity to his arguments by reprinting them here, but rest assured, they were not cool.

Anyway. For the record: I hate that my office is right across the hall from the men's bathroom. I'm sorry, but there are some funky aromas coming from that room.

Activities! Check out Learning to Love You More - it's from author/artist Miranda July and artist Harrell Fletcher. They have issued 65 (or so) assignments to the public for completion and submission, and they'll post the results on the website. Numbers 52, 51, 42, 32 and 26 are on my list.

And here's my complaint (rant?) for the week: since when does Halloween mean you have to tart yourself up? I guess for awhile, because I can recall (all those many years ago...) showing up at school dressed as a (gasp) French Maid (hey, I at least had a floor-length cape I wrapped around myself!). But looking at some costume websites (this one in particular) it would appear that the entire goal of the holiday is to make yourself over into a complete slut. For examples, see the Corrections Officer, the Referee, the Taxi Driver, and the really spiffy one, Texas Hold 'Em. But what's really worrisome is that this sexy-costume thing isn't limited to women. No, here are some wonderful options for teens (Army Brat, Classic Vixen, and Not Guilty Prisoner) and little girls! (Major Flirt, Mega Star, and Pink Bunny) Now, I'm not a total prude (though D would probably tell you differently). There's one costume I find hilarious, and would definitely wear it to a party. Feel free to disagree with me.

And out of curiosity, what's your opinion on using nooses as Halloween decorations? Is it completely inappropiate, especially considering the recent events in Jena, LA? Or are they just wholesome Halloween fun?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think i shall attempt #14, but #26 sounds like fun too.

-kathe