20 October 2007

I have to state for the record that I am in complete awe of anyone who actually acomplishes anything while working from home. I had to do it this past week, and lawdy! LPT would not stop talking (screaming) for anything, especially something as trivial as a telephone call. Sheesh. And I couldn't get my work email set up to where I could read it at home, so we had to make these sporadic jaunts into the office with me looking like something the cat dragged in and LPT runniing up and down the halls and ignoring me. Add to that a complete lack of faith from the management and you have a very grouchy mama.

On the bright side, we do have a WONDERFUL friend who helped us out SO MUCH this week; see, our ceiling was falling down. And T came right in and FIXED IT. Apparently, the geniuses who built our house decided to put up the drywall for the ceiling with smallish nails, instead of the typical honking drywall screws. So teh nails had worked loose, and we were all set to have our heads bonked by falling ceiling-stuff. I know that T felt bad for leaving a column in the living room for a ocuple of days, but he's being a saint about cost, and he put up with LPT watching him the entire time they happened to be in the house at the same time and offering such comments as, "This is my doll." T was such a trooper.

And I know this is probably a great indication of what our relationship is like, but I'll go ahead and relay it anyway. The other night, after she spent the day coughing and snotting all over everything, D was trying to get LPT into bed with little success. So I walked in while she was on his lap crying, and suddenly she puked EVERYWHERE. As in ALL OVER HIM. D doesn't like vomit. (Ok, who does? But he gets really grossed out by it, going so far as to attempt to throw out instead of washing anything with vomit on it.) So as I was washing LPT off in the tub, he was cringing and removing his clothes after his "Vomit Bath." Maybe it's because LPT has blown chunks all over me so many times, but seeing him completely covered in the stuff made me smile and get fuzzy inside. Is that wrong?

On a totally unrealted (and wretchedly shallow) note, I found out that a guy I dated ages ago likes his girls to be...on the larger side. So what does that say for me?

No comments: