30 October 2007

Have I ever blogged about MSCL before? What? What do you mean, what is MSCL? Jesus, man! It's only the MOST IMPORTANT television series ever. Seriously.

My So-Called Life ran for only 9 months in 1994-5. It was on opposite Mad About You, which was its ultimate downfall, but while it lasted, it was amazing. It perfectly captured the teenage angst/indifference/cluelessness that came with the territory of being an early teenager. Angela Chase was my idol.* And Jordan Catalano? Well, I'll just let the New York Times tell it. A Teenager in Love (so-called)



In case you have no idea what I'm talking about, here are some visuals to get you going:
*And this character has caused me to adore Claire Danes, but not always her behavior. She's with Billy Cudrup, who is the baby daddy of Mary-Louise Parker's kiddo. The thing is, Cudrup left Parker mid-pregnancy to get with Claire Danes. I'm sorry, but that is just not cool. Claire, the girl I knew would not get with a guy who was still with his expecting girlfriend. I'm just sayin'.

**And a special note to Z: I have the series on DVD. I've been meaning to burn them forever so I can give you your own copy (because you MUST watch) but I think I'll just bring the discs to the next gathering and let you borrow them for as long as necessary.

No comments: