21 August 2007

Wretched day.

So, our air conditioner went kaput. It froze up (literally - I had to knock ice from the pipes & vents) a few days ago and now just refuses to come on. So every morning, we wake up sweaty and cranky and all race to the showers at once in an effort to feel normal again. Today, I should not have bothered with the shower. It's raining like mad and in the process of getting the mail at the P.O. Box, making a quick stop for some caffeine and then walking into the office, I look like a drowned rat, or like I just stepped out of the shower.
My car is also making some noises. I hit one hell of a pothole yesterday and now when I drive there is a lovely little rhythmic purr to accompany me. I asked D to take it to Valvoline today (I needed an oil change) and sweet guy that he is, he called when I got to work and informed me that he would not be driving my car any longer and that he was going to come to my work and switch with me. Because something is wrong with it. So I get to take it to Goodyear tomorrow. I tell ya, how did I get so lucky to have such a swell guy? Always looking out for me, he is.

As far as the air conditioner goes, my stepfather tells me it's probably the compressor, and that to replace one of those costs around $1200 plus labor. And I have no clue what my car will cost.

I think I need to throw up.

No comments: