14 April 2007

12:05 am

So, is there a pill you can take to magically accept your body as-is? Because I swear to GOD, mine is driving me berserk. Maybe it's because I'm on a tight deadline, or maybe it's just the dress, but something isn't working. I tried to go on a diet, eating less and outright refusing to eat out of bordem, and it has definitely worked, because there are pants that I can wear now that were a distant dream a couple of months ago. However, a pant size doesn't shrink my boobs and rib cage. Even with an Ace bandage, a la Gwyneth Paltrow, it was going to take TWO people plus my dignity to get me into the dress. No, thank you. So, off to the seamstress it goes. I pray she works a miracle, and I will try my hardest not to dive into a trough of Phish Food.

In the meantime, my daughter has learned two new phrases that just warm my lil' heart: "You hafta leave me alone!" (usually shouted when we need to put shoes or jacket on to leave the house, or perhaps end an activity to take an N-A-P) and the really beautiful one, "I don't love you." That one, that one breaks my heart. I know she doesn't mean it, because for every time she says it, she says "I love you, too, Mama" (without me saying anything, incidentally - I'm not quite sure why the 'too' is in there) about ten times, but it still kills me to hear it. And of course, she sees that it kills me, so what does she do? She continues to say it. Oh well.

I'm hoping we can get rid of all the candy lingering around the house pretty soon - I think LPT has had jelly beans for breakfast at least twice in the past week, and the chocolate bunnies staring me down are not helping matters (see paragraph 1).


No comments: