07 January 2009

Man, I'm doing a bang-up job of keeping this blog going, aren't I? My apologies. I've grown unaccustomed to updating daily.

Anyhoo, since the 29th of December, we've had a New Year's Eve party where I had the wonderful pleasure of ringing in 2009 with those I hold most dear. And my husband. [bah-dum ching!] Kidding - shortly after the party (on 3 January, to be exact) D and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. Five years and all we have to show for it are two midgets and a messy house. :)

At the party on New Year's Eve, Lil' Puddin' Tater begged me to stay up to see the ball drop. And she didn't nod off even once! She's quite the hostess, and stayed up until 2 a.m. to see everyone off. We negotiated with her after that, and she was allowed to sleep in our bed with us as long as she promised to stay in bed until at least 10 the next morning. But at 8:30, she was up, and yelling for us to wake up, too. Damned kids and their desire for breakfast.

Monday morning, I took (and passed!) the exam to get my license to sell life & health insurance. And really, I don't know how much selling I'll be doing, but this enables me to legally answer questions about the products marketed here at IBP. So I'll really just be doing what I've always done, except I'll no longer be breaking the law. Yay for me!

Thursday, D and I will be going to dinner in honor of the aforementioned anniversary and then going out with some friends to see a movie. It will probably be a scary one and I'll probably scream. After that, on Saturday night, comes the REALLY fun part. Thank goodness for P's birthday!

As far as Midget 2.0 is concerned, things have been somewhat tame. He's gotten another tooth (on the top, this time) and enjoys above all sneezing while eating a banana, and spraying me with goo. Oh, and he likes to eat LPT's toys. There is much screaming on her part.

No comments: