29 December 2008


Quick hit for B - The Best of WhipUp 2008: Crafting Guides

I'm back in the office again today, and being here makes me identify with the Grinch:

For Tomorrow, he knew... All the Who girls and boys would wake bright and early. They'd rush for their toys! And then! Oh the noise! Noise! Noise! Noise! That's one thing he hated! The NOISE! NOISE! NOISE! NOISE!

It just feels like a nice, quiet respite here. And to anyone out there even considering the possibility of having kids, I have one piece of advice: MAKE SURE ALL TOYS ARE SILENT. No jingles, no sound effects, no singing. Trust me. Anything that makes noise (a) usually requires batteries, and the battery compartment usually requires a screwdriver and the patience of Job to open it, and (b) will inevitably cause tears when you chuck the damned thing out the window to preserve your sanity.

I'm currently on my fourth cup of coffee.

No comments: