13 January 2009

Lil' Puddin' Tater loves to change things. Her clothes, furniture arrangement, hairstyle, etc. (and which parent bestowed that? hmmm...) Occasionally, she gets a wild hair (no pun intended) and decides to take care of things herself, if the powers that be are moving too slowly for her liking. Case in point: on Sunday afternoon, D caught her in the office/sewing room with my scissors and shards of orange corduroy. The rule in the house with the blue door is that LPT isn't allowed to even approach the sewing area without prior explicit permission, and even then she must have an objective - she's not allowed to pereuse and see what she might enjoy destroying. So we had a chat and I refreshed her memory regarding the rules (and she's damn lucky it was some old scraps she was cutting - there have been other times when she decided to cut the shoulder out of a dress I needed to hem, for example.)

The next morning as I was putting her hair into a ponytail, I noticed that she had a few shorter stray pieces of hair near her face. Truthfully, I didn't think anything of it. However, when I went to pick her up from my mother's house later that day, Mom pointed out that the front half of her hair had approximately three inches taken from each side, and her those portions were now in the area of her chin. (I use the word approximately because the left side is longer than the right.) So I asked her, "LPT, did you cut your hair the other day in the office with Mommy's scissors?" And she responded with, "Yeah mom [duh implied], I wanted it just a little bit shorter. It was in my way."

So today, we're going to have the other half (the back) cut to match the front, and hopefully have the shorter pieces blended in.

And I told her that if she ever does that again, we're totally shaving her head.

No comments: