31 March 2008

I discovered that by drinking an espresso beverage around 5pm does wonders for what I can accomplish at night. Three loads of laundry, plus straightening the house after LPT hit the hay. And somehow, I was actually able to get up this morning and bathe, get myself and LPT dressed, put makeup on and be in the car by 8:20! This never happens. SO I kept it up with the coffee this morning and I am on top of things. Perhaps I'm going into some weird nesting phase, and my impending crash will completely do me in. Oh well.

I'm officially sick of rain. I never thought that I would say that, but here's the thing: I have short legs, and my pants are always a bit long. Which means that they soak up water EVEN BETTER since they are constantly in contact with the wet ground and/or puddles. And the damp makes its way about halfway up my calf, just after the point where my socks end, and then I get that cold sensation every time I sit. And if I want to sit in my chair with my legs crossed beneath me, I can look forward to two wet spots on my ass. No more rain.

And LPT, in all her adorable honesty, watched me get out of bed this weekend and exclaimed, "Mama, you're really BIG." Ah, to be young. And tactless.

No comments: