27 March 2008


D has promised LPT that, if she can be 100% potty-trained by her birthday, we can get a ferret. My main concern about this is (a) we're going to have something small and needy already, and very soon [the baby], and (b) I lose my keys, wallet, earrings, change, other jewelry, etc. on a daily basis without the help of any furry creatures. (though it has to be said that LPT helps more than I would like.) I don't like cleaning up poo, whether it's the human variety or otherwise - presumably ferrets, if not properly trained, will require cleaning up, or at least their cages will, and frankly, I'm not going to do it. This pet will be the sole concern of D and LPT. Though we'll see how it goes on the fragrance front - ferrets have quite the odeur and must be descented and bathed regularly to not stink up the place.
Of course, it cannot be denied that ferrets are adorable, and very smart, and that I almost got all weepy (hormones, people!) when LPT pressed her little face up against the glass case containing about twenty baby ferrets, and the wee ferrets did the same thing. If this plan goes through, the little addition would be called either Archimedes or Mr. Magoo. (Ferrets don't see so well, but they can smell and hear beautifully. As for the senility, I have no clue.)
Braxton-Hicks contractions = the devil. FYI. (and painless, my ass!)
I survived Easter without any major mishaps, even though my mother had the tastiest non-chocolate cake EVER and there was plenty of sugar-coated ham. Most everyone was sick in some way or another, but we managed to keep the candy consumption to a minimum re: LPT. And I still hate peeps.

No comments: