28 July 2007

Yeah, she's three now.

Me: Ok! We're running late, so why don't you go ahead and put on your orange sandals while Mommy looks for her other earring?


LPT: Um..how about NO, Mommy?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Me: I'll see you later sweetheart, I have to go to work now.


LPT: Why?



Me: [some brilliant reason I cannot remember right now]



LPT: Why?

This conversation went on for SEVEN whys. I fear that eventually I'll get to something like "Because you're a girl," or something equally final and declarative, and will have zero response for the rapidly following "Why?"

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

LPT: Mommy, I'm hungry. I want a popsicle. [time: 7:46 a.m.]



Me: I'll fix you a kiwi and some toast and them you can have a popsicle if you still want one.


LPT: [drama!] Don't say NO, Mama! I want a popsicle! Say you're sorry for saying no to me.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

You know, I thought I had her going on a fairly polite track before. Oy.


















No comments: