30 May 2007

Did I mention that I had the (graciously given) opportunity to attend this year's Barnstable Brown Derby Gala? Well, I did, and I got to see a heap of celebrities, (attendees can be found here) but the real highlight of my evening was a trip to the bathroom. First of all, there was a bar (!) in the pool house that held the bathroom, which almost made up for the squishy toilet seat. But what made my head spin (other than the many bourbon and cokes in my system, which were made with Woodford Reserve!) was the person standing in front of me in the line for the loo: THE KENTUCKY HAMMER. Yes, that's right, Mr. Darryl Isaacs, in the flesh! And due to the many drinks I had imbibed, I channeled my inner Jessica and tapped him on the shoulder. When he turned around, I said, "Excuse me, but may I give you a hug? I just love you." AND HE SAID YES! After I hugged him, I introduced myself, as did he, and we shook hands. He was very polite. :)




Anyway, I'm dreaming today about cars - specifically, those of the hybrid and/or high gas mileage variety. I'm the next one to get a new car in the family (D got his Stratus almost a year ago) and I have decided that I shall try my damndest to get an Element. A green one. Mmm...green.






No comments: