31 May 2007

Christmas in July?

One more instance of ranting, and I swear I'm done for the day. (ok, maybe just the afternoon.) I received an email from J.Crew informing me that they had begun their new Summer Sale. Awesome. So I cruised on over, looking for more flip flops (can you ever really have too many?) and maybe some pants for D. I was looking in the women's shirt section and I see this
And this

And then this

These items cost $79.99, $59.99, and $129.99, respectively. And all three are made of cashmere. Now, in the winter, when it is cold as balls outside, I love nothing more than a nice cashmere turtleneck sweater to keep out the howling wind. However, in the summer, when I start to sweat as soon as I exit the shower, and even linen can become stifling, cashmere is the last thing I want anywhere near my body. Especially since cashmere sheds when you sweat. So, in the above garments, your torso would appear to be a smurf, hirsute and furry, respectively. Thanks, but I'll pass. Cotton would be the four-season fabric. Take note, J.Crew.

No comments: