03 May 2007

All I can say is "Piffle." One of my best pals, TL, and her hubby, SweetBoobs!, are in the market for a house. They're discovering that this can become a bit pricey, especially since the houses they happen to like are a little older. So, they have had to consider whether or not they can handle mold (NO), shifty neighborhoods (maybe), and insanely small bathrooms (ABSOLUTELY, if they are design-savvy). Along the way, they have discovered what style they like and that Everything Has Potential.

ANyway, on to my Piffle moment. Last weekend, TL, Milo (the most awesome dog EVAH), LPT and myself went to
look at a house that TL was completely smitten with. It was on a slightly sketchy area of road, but lordy mercy! It was cool. Here's the outside:

And here's what the inside layout is, pretty much. (hey, I had LPT with me, what do you expect?):

In short, it's a perfect house. But do TL and SweetBoobs!have said house? NO. Thus the piffle. Like a responsible house-buyer, SweetBoobs! made an offer below asking price, so that he would have room to negotiate. Unfortunately, just as he did this, someone else (bitches) offered the asking price. I thought poor little TL's heart would break. But things are looking up! They found another house, entirely remodeled, and in a neighborhood that SweetBoobs! likes much better.


In the meantime, I'm going to a fĂȘte de la saison tomorrow. Anyone who's anyone will be there, Dahling. So, my nails (both sets!) are all done up, and tomorrow at 5:30pm I'm getting my hair done. But the cool thing about the nails is this: when I looked at the prices of manicures and pedicures at the salon where I usually go for other unmentionable girl-stuff, I was SHOCKED. Then of course, when I asked for an appointment, they laughed at me - apparently, Derby time means you need to start planning in November. My bad. To soothe my bruised ego, I went to Target (mmm...Target...) and saw these! And frankly, these horrified me, so I had to try them. And interestingly enough, for twelve dollars plus a little elbow grease and only gluing my hand to my foot ONCE, my tips & toes look pretty nice.


No comments: